It seems more and more difficult to find things on TV that are OK to watch. Much less as a family. You don’t want your kids to be exposed to inappropriate garbage, but sometimes it’s fun just to sit down in front of the TV and have some good old-fashioned laughs!
It’s one of our family’s favorite past times! Even though we don’t watch a lot of TV, it seems like someone in our house is always quoting some crazy line from one of our favorite things to watch! And it brings us all a good laugh and adds a little bit more of connection with each other!
The entertainment world has taken a nose-dive and as a result, I know it can be hard to find just the right things that are family-friendly. So I’ve taken the work out of it for you and put together a list of things that you can sit down and watch together RIGHT NOW! I want you to be able to RELAX and enjoy some FUN family time!
I’ve put together a fun list of entertaining clips that should be good for some laughs or in some cases amazement! So grab a bowl of popcorn and pull up your favorite chair! I’m about to share with you, our family’s top 7 favorite things to watch together! You don’t want to miss this!
AND SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO:
- STUDIO C – To help you get started, here are a few of our family’s favorite episodes. Dana’s Dead Tongue Twister, Prop Switch and Lazy Man vs. Soda
- WHAT’S INSIDE – These guys are CRAZY! Not only do they come up with some really creative things to do but it’s just plain interesting to watch them cut things open! I think you’ll like these episodes. What’s Inside LED Shoes?, What’s Inside a Giant Wasp’s Nest?, World’s Largest Teddy Bear and a VERY special bonus video for those of you who are intrigued by fidget spinners! What’s Inside a Fidget Spinner?
- TIM HAWKINS – If you have never heard of Tim Hawkins, you are missing out! He is sooooo funny! Not to mention, just plain crazy! And coincidentally, this is where a lot of our family quotes come from! The Worst, Helper in the Car, and Yoga Pants
- DARREN STREBLOW – My husband saw him at a Pastor Conference and he said that he never laughed so hard! Check out these clips! Technically Father, Allergies, and LaMaze Class
- DUDE PERFECT – Our family absolutely loves the Dude Perfect Stereotypes Series. They also do some pretty crazy tricks and set up neat challenges. Movie Theater Stereotypes, Extreme Trickshots, and Mountain Top Snow Battle
- Little Big Shots – Talk about a sweet show! I love it because Little Big Shots is a show that showcases kids’ talents in a NON-competitive way. I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of all of the ‘cast your vote now’ shows. It’s nice to see an endearing show that takes out all of the competition aspects and lets you enjoy the show without feeling bad for someone being kicked off! (OK, I’m a softy!) Check out these clips on Youtube. Five-Year-Old Piano Virtuoso, Foot Stompin Celtic Band and Archery Like You’ve Never Seen It
- BRAVE WILDERNESS Our family loves this show! Coyote Peterson is just plain CRAZY!! If you aren’t brave enough to go on an adventure yourself, you can live vicariously through him! (He does make occasional – though not often, references to evolution, but we just use this as an opportunity to teach our kids a Biblical perspective.) Exploring For Tide Pool Creatures, Flying Lizard Catch, and Giant Tarantula Shows its Fangs
Hopefully, you find something from this list that will make you laugh and enjoy some fun family friendly entertainment. This world can be a heavy place and a little laughter never hurt anyone!
In short, I’ve shared with you some of our family’s favorites. They seem to hold even our younger kids’ attention. For the most part, we find ourselves watching them all together and laughing through the week about each one!
Of course, I hope you really enjoy these suggestions. Maybe you’ll even find some new, long-standing, family favorites! Consequently, maybe you’ll all be walking around the house quoting crazy lines or acting like some of the characters!
How about your family? What do you watch for fun? Did you enjoy any of my suggestions? I would love to hear some of your favorites so maybe I can add them to my list! 🙂